Dr Astrid Weber Bsc (Hons) MB BS FRCP
- Bsc (Hons) MB BS FRCP
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Member of the British Society of Human Genetics, Member of the European Society of Human Genetics and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Consultant in Clinical Genetics, Cheshire and Merseyside Clinical Genetics Department.
- Special clinical interests:
- Genetics of Endocrine Disorders, Local Principal Investigator for the DECIPHER research project, a project that aims to use state-of-the-art genetic technology to identify the genetic basis of a proportion of genetic conditions of unknown cause.
- I graduated from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin and then completed a BSc in Genetics. This was followed by training in General Medicine and Paediatrics. My training in Clinical Genetics included a period of research mapping genetic disease genes. I have been a Consultant since 2006.
I find my work extremely rewarding. My aim is to help the people and families that I see to understand their condition and to guide them through often complex information. An accurate diagnosis is not yet achievable for everyone but I look forward to this being improved as Clinical Genetics advances further.Dr Astrid Weber