Working in partnership with other Trusts is something that Liverpool Women's has done for a long time. This has included sharing services with other Trusts including:
- Our Human Resources Recruitment Team with Alder Hey
- Our Chief Information Officer with Royal Liverpool
- The Chief Pharmacist from Royal Liverpool manages our Pharmacy Department
- Pathology services from Liverpool Clinical Laboratories and Alder Hey
- We have provided theatres and day care wards for Alder Hey
- Estate management from Royal Liverpool
- Imaging services from Aintree Hospital
The latest development of our collaboration with partners will see the Royal Liverpool Hospital's St Paul’s Eye Unit move some of its services onto the Liverpool Women’s site, from 18th November 2016.
St Paul's Eye Unit requires additional theatre capacity to achieve and maintain patient pathway targets. There are 4 Day Case Theatres for St Paul’s on the Royal Liverpool site that are fully utilised. An opportunity has arisen for them to utilise 1 theatre per week at Liverpool Women’s. St Paul’s will be utilising theatre space and Rosemary Ward. All services will be undertaken by Royal Liverpool Hospital staff for their patients and services only.
The surgery the St Paul’s Eye Unit will be performing will be cataract surgery, therefore there may be patients – both male and female - walking around the hospital having undergone eye procedures. So if you are visiting our site you may see some patients with eye patches on. Please be assured if you see such patients on the Liverpool Women's site that they are likely to have been attending a St Paul’s Eye Unit appointment so this will be a normal and regular occurrence.