This year Happy Allied Health Professions (AHPs’) Day will be celebrated on Thursday 14 October 2021, taking place across the country.
AHPs are the third largest healthcare workforce, covering a range of roles and skills. AHPs’ Day is an annual opportunity for AHPs to come together and celebrate being part of the AHP family. The day also gives an opportunity to showcase the impact they make to the delivery of high-quality care to patients and their families.
To celebrate the day, LWH AHPs share video messages of thanks and details about their role in supporting patients and their families:
- Gary Price, Chief Operating Officer wishes all Allied Health Professions a Happy AHP Day – “thank you for everything that you do and keep doing it so well” watch here.
- AHPs make a positive difference at Liverpool Women's in a wide variety of roles, Lowri Lloyd-Preston, Interim Lead Allied Health Professional at LWH shares a lovely message, watch here.
- ‘I’m a Genetic Counsellor’ Jess, Genetic Counsellor shares with us a little bit about her role, how they support patients and their families and what you can do if you, one day, want to become a genetic counsellor, watch here.
- The Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Team introduce themselves and what they enjoy, meet the team here.
- Wendy, Dietitian takes us through a ‘typical day in the life of a dietitian’ and the advice they provide to patients, watch here.