We are currently recruiting to our Council of Governors, view the notice of elections here. We have 3 seats available in the following constituencies:
- South Liverpool
- Rest of England and Wales
You do not need special qualifications; there are no interviews; anyone can stand in an election so long as they live within the area; we just need people who are passionate about their hospital.
Our Governors are a vital part of the organisation, they have a great responsibility and a number of key roles including:
- Holding the Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) individually and collectively to account for the performance of the Board of Directors
- Representing the interests of the members of the Foundation Trust as a whole and the interests of the public, bringing a fair and open-minded view on all issues
- Appointing and, if appropriate, removing the Chair of the Trust
- Appointing and, if appropriate, removing the other Non-Executive Directors of the Trust’s Board of Directors
- Deciding the remuneration and allowances and other terms and conditions of office of the Chair and the other Non-Executive Directors
- Approving the appointment of the Chief Executive
- Appointing and, if appropriate, removing the NHS Foundation Trust’s auditor
If you are interested you can apply today, via the nomination form here. You can also request a hard copy form please call: 0208 889 9203 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to find out more, please contact Trust Secretary Colin Reid on 0151 702 4033.