From Thursday 11th June 2020 all patients and visitors will be required to wear a face covering or mask when entering Liverpool Women’s Hospital. This decision is in line with UK government advice.
- All patients and visitors should be wearing a face covering when entering the hospital.
- The requirement to wear face coverings is being introduced to protect patients, visitors and staff across the hospital site.
- Examples of locations where you should be wearing face coverings include reception and waiting areas, corridors, toilets, when queueing in the hospital cafes, and in the hospital shop.
- Patients will be advised by staff in individual clinical areas about whether or not they will need to wear a mask during clinical procedures or other appointments. Please keep your mask on unless advised otherwise by a member of staff.
- Face coverings should either be disposable after use or washed within 24 hours if they are re-usable.
- There will be a disposal station located near the main entrance of the Trust for safe disposal of masks when you are leaving the hospital.
- You will now find clear floor and wall signage across the hospital for wayfinding and directions. Please keep to the left when walking along hospital corridors and maintain social distancing (2 metre distance) at all times from other patients, visitors and staff.
- There will be an increased supply of hand sanitisers for use before and after removal of masks and face coverings. Please also make use of hand sanitisers across the hospital site when entering and leaving all areas.
- Staff will be on-hand to provide advice and support at main entrance areas.
Face coverings can consist of anything that completely covers your nose and mouth and allows you to breath comfortably – this can be as simple as a scarf or bandana that ties behind your head. You can find some helpful advice on how to wear and make face coverings here:https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering/how-to-wear-and-make-a-cloth-face-covering#wearing-a-face-covering
Before entering the hospital building, if you are not wearing your face covering, you will be required to do so before being allowed to enter.
If you do not have your own face covering, a mask will be supplied to you by the Trust.