Mr Rafet Gazani MD FRCOG
- MD FRCOG
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Fellow, Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists Member, British Fertility Society Member, European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Consultant in Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine Liverpool Women’s Hospital and Honorary Lecturer, University of Liverpool.
- Special clinical interests:
- Infertility, Natural Killer cells, Recurrent IVF failure, Reproductive immunology, Intralipids, Pre-implantation genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and CGH, Egg donation, Endometriosis, Laparoscopic surgery.
- Endometriosis formed the basis of Mr.Gazvani’s MD thesis. He is also interested in in-vitro fertilisation, reproductive immunology, male infertility, recurrent IVF failure, egg donation and reproductive ethics. Mr. Gazvani was a member of the RCOG Guidelines and Audit Committee between 2005-2008 as an expert in Reproductive Medicine. He is currently the “Guideline Lead” for both the Directorate of Reproductive Medicine and the Directorate of Gynaecology at the Liverpool Women’s Hospital Foundation Trust. He works as a Consultant in one of the largest NHS IVF units in the UK. He has set up and is currently running the world’s largest randomised, controlled trial on the question of luteal support following IVF (Dose of Luteal Support Following IVF Treatment – DOLS). He is accepted as an expert in his field with over 70 publications and chapters in books. He is regularly invited to lecture and chair sessions in National and International meetings. Mr. Gazvani is in “Dr. Foster’s List of Experts” in the fields of “Infertility” and “Endometriosis”. He currently serves as an expert referee and fertility specialist for National and International scientific journals.
As a Health Professional with over 25 years’ experience Mr Gazvani is committed to provide safe, individualised, evidence based treatment supported by common sense decisions.Mr Rafet Gazani