Dr Dharaani K Hapangama BSc(Hons) MBChB MD MRCOG RCOG SSM Minimal Access s
- BSc(Hons) MBChB MD MRCOG RCOG SSM Minimal Access s
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RCOG); External Examiner University of Leeds & University of Sydney; BMJ Career advisor, Top reviewer for Human Reproduction & BJOG since 2008; Board Member, RCOG / LSTM Diploma, Liverpool School of tropical medicine; CTM Convener, University of Liverpool; the person designate for the HTA satellite site licence at the LWH and the lead for gynaecological NIHR portfolio studies.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Honorary Consultant in Obstetrics & Gynaecology at Liverpool Women’s Hospital and Clinical Senior Lecturer at University of Liverpool.
- Special clinical interests:
- Endometriosis, Menstrual dysfunction and Minimal Access Surgery.
- Graduate from University of Edinburgh (BSc(Hons), MBChB, MD) and completed specialist training at Addenbrooke’s Hospital Cambridge, Queen Charlotte’s Hospital London and at Liverpool Women’s Hospital. Was a MRC clinical research fellow at MRC Human Reproductive Sciences Unit in Edinburgh, and Lecturer at University of Liverpool prior to her current post.
Research interests include endometrial function, endometrial stem cells, telomerase and factors regulating cell fate and metastasis. Head the first UK endometrial stem cell study at LWH in 2009 (funded by Wellbeing of women’s’ project grant) and collaborates with scientists from Monash, Yale, Michigan Universities as well as many other national experts. Numerous scientific publications, some nominated on Faculty of 1000 medicine website as a must read & subjected to international press release.Dr Dharaani K Hapangama