Mr John Kirwan MRCOG
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Membership of professional bodies: Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (RCOG), British Gynaecological Cancer Society (BGCS), ISSVD, BSSVD.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Clinical Director for Gynaecology, Gynaecological Surgeon and Oncologist.
- Special clinical interests:
- Gynaecological cancer, Vulval disease and Laparoscopic Surgery.
- John Kirwan trained at Liverpool University and completed his registrar training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology before becoming the first Macmillan Fellow and subspecialist trainee in Gynaeoncology in Mersey. He was appointed as a consultant gynaeoncologist at Liverpool Women’s in October 2002 and was appointed to the position of clinical director for Gynaecology in November 2010.
My interest in treating patients with gynaecological cancer has been long standing. My subspecialist training in a subject that holds great passion to my heart has given me a sound footing for treating patients with cancer at the Liverpool Women’s. I work within a team of specialist doctors and dedicated nurses in a variety of contexts. Working in such an environment affords me the opportunity to provide high quality, patient focussed care. This environment is friendly, and focused on physical and psychological needs. I have come now to a point in my life that I am able to assess my strengths and find out what truly drives me. I hope to bring this to my role as clinical director in Gynaecology.Mr John Kirwan