Dr Leslie Allsopp MB ChB FRCP PGDip
- MB ChB FRCP PGDip
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust, Marie Curie Hospice Liverpool
- Current posts:
- Consultant in Palliative Medicine
- Special clinical interests:
- Palliative care needs of gynaeoncology patients, the management of malignant ascites and the use of anaesthetic techniques in the management of complex cancer pain syndromes.
- I was born in North Wales and went on to study Medicine at Leeds University. Having completed postgraduate medical training in Yorkshire and Liverpool and I took up the post as fulltime consultant in Liverpool in 2003. My particular areas of interest include the palliative care needs of gynaeoncology patients, the management of malignant ascites and the use of anaesthetic techniques in the management of complex cancer pain syndromes. Quality of care for palliative care patients and in end of life care are at the heart of the palliative care teams philosophy at Liverpool Women’s. Myself and a small team were recently successful at securing funding towards the development of an end of life care suite, the Mulberry Suite for gynaeoncology patients on one of the gynaecology wards. This was in collaboration with the Kings Fund Team. The suite was officially opened in November 2009. Outside interests include anything to do with the outdoors - especially keeping fit, walking and climbing mountains. Recent adventures include climbing Kilimanjaro, Mont Blanc and the Cascade Mountains as well as becoming a mum for the first time.