Dr Andrew Weeks MD MRCOG DCH
- MD MRCOG DCH
- Membership of professional bodies:
- British Medical Association (MBA), Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist (RCOG), Medical Protection Society, Blair Bell Society, North of England Obstetrics and Gynaecology Society, British Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Consultant Obstetrician, Senior lecturer in Obstetrics at the University of Liverpool
- Special clinical interests:
- Care in labour, pregnancy and obesity, maternity care in low resource settings. He also runs the Liverpool-Mulago Partnership, a registered charity that links the Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust with a large Ugandan maternity unit.
- Andrew was brought up in Kenya but returned to medical school in Sheffield, graduating in 1989. In 1999 he gained a doctorate in uterine function from the University of Leeds. After 2 years doing research in Uganda, he moved to Liverpool in 2003 and was promoted to consultant / senior lecturer in 2006.
I specialised in maternity care after experiencing the terrible consequences of poor quality care in Africa. Provision of high quality care is therefore very important to me. I also seek to give woman centered care. This does take time (and apologies for any delays in my clinic), but it is important to offer all the necessary information to you so that you can choose the best option.Dr Andrew Weeks