Dr Edwin Djabatey MB ChB FRCA FFARCSI
- MB ChB FRCA FFARCSI
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland; Royal College of Anaesthetists; British Medical Association; Society of Mersey Obstetric Anaesthetists; Obstetric Anaesthetists Association; Liverpool Society of Anaesthetists- Council member; Liverpool Medical Institution.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Consultant Anaesthetist at Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust and Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
- Special clinical interests:
- High risk anaesthesia and obstetric critical care and critical care in the isolated site setting.
- I am currently Clinical Director of Anaesthesia and the Critical Care Lead for the trust. My achievements include the development and implementation of Medical Early Warning System (MEWS) for Obtetrics and Gynaecology ,sepsis and renal bundles, outreach and non invasive ventilation (CPAP) services, transfer and nutrition guidelines in line with national guidelines, have enabled us to improve perioperative care, identify patients at risk of deterioration early and intervene appropiately, reducing morbidity, ensuring appropriate transfers and improving transfer quality to a high standard.Under my leadership we have been able to maintain training, interest, morale and kept the service running in the face of intermittent care requirements. We have achieved a high quality service whilst maintaining clinical governance and high patient experience and satisfaction in an isolated ‘single’ specialty hospital.
I believe in highly motivated and resourceful anaesthetists within a team with a commitment to the highest standards of anaesthesia and perioperative care.Dr Edwin Djabatey