LHP SPARK: Single Point of Access for Research and Knowledge
SPARK is a joint research service which brings together the Liverpool Health Partners (LHP) NHS Trusts and Universities research support functions to facilitate and deliver high quality, world class health research.
SPARK has a dedicated research team that can provide support and guidance during the course of a research project. Consequently, SPARK’s unique collaboration and infrastructure provides a streamlined research support service and a ‘Single Point of Access’ for Industry and Researchers.
SPARK is based alongside the LHP offices at Liverpool Science Park, which is at the heart of Liverpool’s Knowledge Quarter.
LHP SPARK Partner Organisations
SPARK is a collaboration of eight NHS Trusts and four Higher Education Institutes (HEI) in the Liverpool City Region:
- Alder Hey Children’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Heart and Chest Foundation Trust
- Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust
- Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (including Aintree Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Dental Hospital & Royal Liverpool Hospital sites)
- NHS Liverpool Clinical Commissioning Group
- Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- The Clatterbridge Cancer Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust
- University of Liverpool
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine
- Edge Hill University
Benefits of SPARK
- A single point of access to an advanced, wide-spanning research collaborative
- Collaborative NHS Trust and HEI research support team ensuring an efficient project management process
- Streamlined processes and systems across LHP reducing duplication
- Increase the attractiveness of Liverpool for research funders (public or commercial) or providers to do business
- Foster greater consistency of approach to the notification, feasibility and set up of research
- Enhance the city’s ability to deliver multi-site, multi-condition research
- Aid collaboration with other institutions or systems both within, and outside of, Liverpool.
For more information please visit: https://liverpoolhealthpartners.org.uk/spark/