LWH specialises in the health of women and their babies. Our Hospital represents some of the most outstanding expertise and experience in this field.
We are always looking for friendly confident and helpful people to join the volunteering service at LWH. We now have vacancies to become part of the Volunteer Responder team. As a Volunteer Responder you will engage with patients as part of a large multi-disciplinary team of nurses, doctors and therapists. Although the role is non-clinical, you would have a key part to play in providing the hospital with additional resource for supporting and assisting with non-clinical tasks such as chatting to patients, distributing meals, making drinks and running errands for staff and patients.
Here at LWH we put patients first and this new all-encompassing Volunteer Responder role ensures they have the best possible experience. Some of the duties include,
- Check n Chat rounds (ward areas only) to identify patient need and offer support i.e. comfort, refreshments,
- Monitor and action requests for help from within the centralised Volunteer Hub - deploy volunteers as necessary.
- Befriending: spending time with patients who for example: Have few visitors; Are based in side rooms; Have cognitive impairments or suffering from delirium; Have post-operative restricted movement
- Supporting patient’s during mealtime
The type of personal qualities we are looking for include:
- Being a good listener
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate resilience and calmness
- Being reliable and committed
- Time to commit to the families at LWH
Please consider joining our friendly team and make a difference to our patients and families.
Candidates must be aged 18+ and available to complete the full training and induction programme.
This role is subject to two suitable references, health clearance (including written evidence of immunity to Measles and Rubella), DBS disclosure and involves working without supervision.
We are only able to consider applications from candidates who can volunteer for a minimum of four hours per week for at least six months.
To initiate the recruitment process, you will be required to attend one of our virtual (video-call) group informal chats via Microsoft Teams (link to join is emailed a week before the meeting).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place on our next group informal chat.
If you are unable to connect to Teams or require support please call 079711057445 or 07773621381 for assistance.