Mrs Andgela Douglas BSc (Hons) MIHM CertMHSC FRCPath
- BSc (Hons) MIHM CertMHSC FRCPath
- Membership of professional bodies:
- RCPath, ACC, BSHG, ESHG, ECA, IHM, HPC.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Scientific Director Genetics Laboratory Services, Lead Scientist for North West, Staff Governor and Vice Chair of Council of Governors, Chair of Association for Clinical Cytogenetics, Chair of Cheshire and Merseyside Healthcare Scientists Network, Honorary Lecturer at Liverpool University, Liverpool John Moores University, Keele University.
- Special clinical interests:
- Genetics of Haematological Malignancies
- As a Consultant and Scientific Director of the Cheshire and Merseyside Genetics Laboratory Services, I am responsible for Strategic Management of the Laboratories, as well as involvement in Research and Development including Clinical Trials; New Technology assessment and National Research and Development programmes and I am an NHS Science Ambassador for the NW SHA.
Approachable, with excellent interpersonal, communication and motivational skills, used to forge lasting relationships. Creative approach to problem solving and effective Leadership that is under-pinned by extensive knowledge. With an enthusiastic, action oriented, innovative and energetic Style, strengths lie in ability to develop well thought out plans; provide structure and direction.Mrs Andgela Douglas