Dr Colin Morgan BMedSci BM BS MRCP FRCPCH MD PGCLTHE
- Neonatal Care
- BMedSci BM BS MRCP FRCPCH MD PGCLTHE
- Membership of professional bodies:
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, British Medical Association (BMA) and Neonatal Society.
- Practices at:
- Liverpool Women's NHS Foundation Trust
- Current posts:
- Consultant Neonatologist, Honorary Lecturer (University of Liverpool), Lecturer/Practitioner in Advanced Paediatric Nursing Practice (Liverpool John Moores University) and Training Programme Director for Paediatrics (Mersey Deanery).
- Special clinical interests:
- Neonatal nutrition, specialist neonatal ventilation, continuous physiological monitoring, training paediatric doctors and Advanced Neonatal Nurse Practitioners.
- I became Consultant Neonatologist in 1999 (Royal Free Hospital, London) moving to Liverpool in 2004. I have extensive experience in training doctors and nurses in paediatrics/neonatology including a national MSc programme for advanced neonatal nursing practice. My longstanding neonatal nutrition research interests currently focus on an innovative intravenous feeding regimen.
I am part of a strong team of consultant neonatologists working together to provide a neonatal service based on the best medical evidence. This consultant-led approach ensures parents have easy access to experienced clinical expertise. The supportive environment allows all our neonatal healthcare professionals to work and develop to their full potential.Dr Colin Morgan