Putting patients first is at the heart of everything we do. Liverpool Women's Charity is registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales – registration number 1048294. The charity works hard to raise funds on behalf of the Trust to enhance overall patient experience by providing services and equipment above what is normally funded by the NHS. These enhancements make a big difference to the comfort and well being of our patients.
The aim of Liverpool Women’s Charity
The aim of the Liverpool Women's Charity is to support the care given to patients and their families. Alongside that main aim we also help to fund research and staff welfare initiatives as well as providing greater access to training and development opportunities.
Our charitable programmes fully support the entire range of patient services.
The Liverpool Women's Charity is supported by our mascot 'Kitty', named after the famous female Kitty Wilkinson (1785-1860) who pioneered the public Wash House movement in Liverpool.
With your help we can provide essential support for Liverpool Women’s as it continues to deliver exceptional standards of care. There are lots of ways you can help:
- Make a donation using a charitable donation envelope, available from any ward or department
- Support one of the charity’s events. Detail can be found on Liverpool Women’s Charity Facebook
- Support and sponsor a friend or colleague who is taking part in a sponsored event
- Ask your employer to nominate us as their 'charity of the year'
- Make a purchase from the charity’s Newborn Appeal Knitting Stall
- Leave a gift in your will – our charity’s officers liaise with solicitors to ensure specific wishes are carried out.
- We can help you prepare and plan your chosen activity, with fundraising tips and guidance along the way. Our team will assist you to publicise the event and make sure that your efforts and those of friends and colleagues get the recognition they deserve. Most importantly, we promise to let you know all about the difference your support has made.
For further information on getting involved please contact:
Liverpool Women's Charity
Liverpool Women’s NHS Foundation Trust
Email us at
Call us on
0151 702 4044