Liverpool Women's Hospital, the country's leading specialist women's health care provider, is delighted to announce that it is now delivering gynaecology services on the Wirral.
Based at a host of central GP practices and Spire Murrayfield Hospital, consultants, sub-specialists, nurse consultants and specialist nurse practitioners from Liverpool Women's is able to provide the highest quality care to women on the Wirral.
Community Gynaecology services are available in the following areas of the Wirral to patients registered with Wirral CCG practices:
- Miriam Medical Centre, Birkenhead
- Oxton (coming soon)
- Earlston & Seabank Medical Centre, Wallasey (coming soon)
- Spire Murrayfield Hospital, Thingwall
Wirral CCG practice GPs are now able to refer patients showing symptoms of the following conditions into this service:
- Menopausal Symptoms
- Menstrual Disorders
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Pelvic Pain
- Subfertility (Primary Care Investigations)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Vaginal Discharge
The aim of this service is to provide a confidential, 'one stop shop' approach that provides a comprehensive service in a convenient environment:
- One Stop Services
- Biopsy +/-
- Colposcopy (contact bleeding only)
- Mirena IUS Fitting
- Outpatient Hysteroscopy
- Pelvic Ultrasound Scanning
- Vaginal Ring/Shelf Pessary Service
- Vulval Skin Conditions Diagnosis & Management & Biopsy
For more information on the service please contact Katie Dabner, Outpatient Manager or Ruth Stubbs, Matron on ex 0151 708 9988 ext 1322.
Referrals for the Gynaecology Community Clinic are to be made using the Liverpool Women's Hospital referral proforma.