Liverpool Women’s is a well renowned teaching hospital for medical trainees. We provide and encourage high-quality continuing professional development for ‘Doctors in Training’ in the five specialties which exist in this Trust - Maternity, Gynaecology, Neonatal Care, Genetics and Anaesthetics.
We provide access to a wide range of clinical courses including:
- MOET (Management of Obstetric Emergency and Trauma)
- NLS (Neonatal Life Support)
- Early Pregnancy Ultrasound Course (theoretical and hands-on)
- Basic Practical Skills Course
- 3rd Degree Tear Course
- Advanced Labour Ward Course
- Fetal Echocardiology Course
- Basic Ultrasound Course
- Intermediate Laparoscopic Course
- Spotlight on Early Pregnancy Course
- ROBuST Course
- Training the Trainer
Teaching & educational meetings
There is a protected teaching programme for GP and Foundation Trainees on Friday afternoons as well as monthly evening educational meetings for GPs across the region. In addition, we are also responsible for the induction of all doctors in training and the coordination of their study leave.
The Mersey School of Obstetrics & Gynaecology ST1 - ST2 and ST3- ST7 regional teaching programmes organised by Regional Trainees and co-ordinated by the Postgraduate Education Centre are delivered at various postgraduate centres throughout Health Education England – North West once a month, by regional Obstetric and Gynaecology Consultants.