Our aim is to make our website as accessible as possible to the widest range of people. This means considering the specific needs of not only those with visual or motor impairments, learning difficulties and other forms of disability, but also different browser technology and Internet connection speeds.
To this end, we have endeavoured to comply with the most widely accepted guidelines for the construction of accessible web sites specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Their Website Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines three levels of accessibility, each progressively more demanding. The most basic level of accessibility is Priority 1 (level A compliance) followed by Priority 2 and 3 (levels AA and AAA).
This site complies with all Priority 1 and 2 checkpoints and where possible Priority 3. We are aware however, that a number of the checkpoints are subjective and there may be instances where interpretation may vary.
This website has been designed to industry standards, using cascading stylesheets (CSS) and validates as pair the relevant specifications. You can find more information about web standards on the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) website.
Where possible WAI-ARIA roles have been used to help assistive technologies in interpreting the content of this website.
Change Text Size
We recommend using your browser settings to change the text size or zoom for our website. You may already be familiar with how to achieve this but as each browser is slightly different we have listed some below:
- Google Chrome: Select ‘Tool’s then ‘Zoom’ or zoom in or out using (ctrl + +) or (ctrl + -).
- Internet Explorer 6: Select the ‘View’ menu, and select one of the options under ‘Text Size’.
- Internet Explorer 7+: Select the ‘View’ menu, then one of the options under ‘Text Size’ or alternatively zoom in or out using (ctrl + +) or (ctrl + -).
- Mozilla Firefox: Select the ‘View’ menu, then ‘Text Size’, then select Increase, Decrease or Normal or alternatively zoom in or out using (ctrl + +) or (ctrl + -).
- Netscape: Select the ‘View’ menu, then one of the ‘Text Zoom’ options.
- Opera: Select the ‘View’ menu, then one of the ‘Zoom’ percentage options or alternatively using (+) or (-).
- Safari: Select the ‘View’ menu, then ‘make text bigger’ (ctrl + +) or ‘make text smaller’ (ctrl + -).
If you use a browser which is not mentioned please consult its help contents and look for similar options.
Searching the website
There are a number of ways you search this site for information:
- Search Form – located in the top left of every page, this will allow you to search by keyword.
- Site Map – located in the footer this will give you a complete overview of every page on the site.